Thursday, May 21, 2009

Green Porch Swing

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had.
~Unknown



I love shopping for antiques!  Yesterday I had lunch with a dear friend and went antique shopping.   That is when I saw it - the green porch swing hanging up high at the store.  I have been to this store a thousand times and never noticed it!  After negotiating with the store owner it was mine!  Of course getting down from where it was displayed for the last year was interesting.  Well I didn't actually get it but I was there for moral support.  I could not wait to bring it home and take pictures.  Luckily, my daughter and her best friend were available for some modeling.  I just love it!  I wonder where it came from and what wonderful conversations it witnessed.  I have a feeling this swing will be in many more photographs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment