Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a dad.
~Proverb 

Happy Father's Day.  I wanted to pay tribute to 3 special men in my life.  First, my husband Jonathan.  He is an amazing father.  My girls are so blessed to have this man in their lives.  I have never meet anyone with more integrity and grace.  Thank you for all that you do for your girls.     

Second, my step-dad Jeff.  He stepped in and filled those father shoes when I was 10.  I remember we were driving to the beach when I was 12 and he found out that my sister and I had never had a bananna split.  He immediatly pulled over at the nearest ice cream shop and ordered one up for us.  He often goes unrecongized but I thank him for the stabilty he provided to our family.  Also, thank you for making my mother so happy.

Third, my father Ed.  It amazes me that although I have never lived in the same house as my father we are so much a like.  It has been so much fun discovering those similarities over the years.  My dad can always make me laugh.  He is truely an amazing man with the biggest heart.  This past November my father suffered a heart attack.  By the grace of God he survived.  It certainly put a lot of things in prespective for me.  It makes this Father's Day extra special to me because he is here to share it with us.  

happyfathers

No comments:

Post a Comment